This bundle is perfect for any preschooler. It centers around female leads and trailblazers. There is a story that revisits history and shines light on what it may have been like growing up Black in a segregated America. To a story of a young girl, shopping in the markets in India. Not only will this bundle enrich and empower, but it will also give the child brief exposure to American history.
Book Box Includes:
1. Goin Someplace Special
- There’s a place in this 1950s southern town where all are welcome, no matter what their skin color…and ’Tricia Ann knows exactly how to get there. To her, it’s someplace special and she’s bursting to go by herself. But when she catches the bus heading downtown, unlike the white passengers, she must sit in the back behind the Jim Crow sign and wonder why life’s so unfair.
- Still, for each hurtful sign seen and painful comment heard, there’s a friend around the corner reminding ’Tricia Ann that she’s not alone. And her grandmother’s words—“You are somebody, a human being—no better, no worse than anybody else in this world”—echo in her head, lifting her spirits and pushing her forward.
- This book it text heavy, recommended age is 4+
2. Brilliant Ideas From Wonderful Women
- Discover the stories behind 15 of the twentieth century's key inventions in this fun and informative treasury of trailblazing women, who each made a unique contribution to the history of science and technology.
- Each brilliant idea is presented with biographical information about the brilliant woman who came up with it, including what inspired them. Learn how Martha Coston disguised herself as a man to contact pyrotechnicians and convince them to manufacture her idea for maritime flares, how a New York tram ride on a wet winter’s day led Mary Anderson to invent the windshield wiper, and why Letitia Mumford Geer’s one-hand operated syringe was a medical breakthrough, among other fascinating facts. Full-page illustrations show the inspiration for and use of these incredible inventions in humorous detail.
3. A Gift for Amma: Market Day in India
- A young girl explores the vibrant rainbow of items for sale in a southern Indian street market as she searches for a gift for her mother. Includes facts about the items mentioned and markets around the world, as well as photographs taken by the author in her hometown of Chennai, India.
A personalized Card
- Your message will be hand written on our custom postcards.
- At checkout, fill out the text box with your personal message.
- If text box is left blank, no message will be written on the card.
Signature Book Box
Book Box Dimensions are:
- 36.5cm x 27cm x 8cm
- 14 inches x 8 inches x 3 inches